Monday, September 4, 2006

Camp Stories

Well, I just got back from a weekend retreat with my church, and I had so much fun! I:
  • Participated in a pillowfight! It was wild and crazy fun! It was on my list of things to do before I die, so I can cross it off now
  • Rode in the back of a truck with many other people- it hurt SO much to brush my hair afterwards!
  • Had a short dancing lesson, which reaffirmed what I already knew- I want to learn how to ballroom dance!
  • Watched people jump off a bridge into a river- I can't swim, so didn't do it myself, but watching was so very much fun.
  • Twirled around a broom in circles, and then promptly fell over when I tried to walk.
  • Shrieked at a lot of wasps.
  • Stayed up to the wee hours of the morning talking with a lot of really awesome girls.
  • Played the telephone game at banquet.
  • Got the giggles innumerable times.
  • Freaked out a bunch of jr. high girls with a game we play every year.
  • And almost accidentally slept in the boys dorm.

Oh, that last one got your interest?

Well, we didn't get there until after 1AM, by which time everyone was already in bed. So, we went to the cabin to see if there was any spots left where the older girls usually stay. We were very disappointed to see that there wasn't, so we left, and slept in the garage with the younger girls.

In the morning, at breakfast, I overhear one of the guys mention that THEY were in the cabin.

I promptly got a fit of the giggles, as did all of us girls who checked out the cabin.

Imagine this scenerio:

Say there was room in there for us. All those boys were OUT (fyi, the girls were up and talking for hours after that). We would have just crawled in, changed into pj's, shoved some people in sleeping bags over, crawled in between a few people, and gone to sleep. The next morning, we would have woken up, and realized that we were surrounded by boys... they would have realized that they were surrounded by girls... It would be painfully awkward for the next 10 minutes, while we grabbed our stuff and hopped out of there in our sleeping bags... Then we would have laughed about it for the rest of camp. It would have been a story told for generations... about how the boys and girls accidentally slept together.

No comments: