Sunday, January 28, 2007

The curse strikes again

Well, it has happened again. Yet another creepy old man has hit on me. It has become such an epidemic that my mom actually suggested to me that I pray and ask God to take this affliction from me.

So church was really good today. Really good.

Then after church, a TON of us (like about 25-30) stayed and all ate together, including a couple of old homeless men who had come in.

Well, one of them stared at me all through dinner. I was sitting very far away and was doing my level best to not look at him. Then he calls all the way across the table, introduces himself and says "We'll meet again."

Eeek!

Then if this is not enough, I overhear this conversation between him and one of the older men in the church. (Closer people to them filled me in on all the creepy details I missed.)

Creepy man: I want to know something about HER. (Points at me). Is she married?

Christian man: Well, she is really young, and going to school. (Tone of voice suggesting that he was actually saying, "ew! she is a third of your age you pervert, that is totally innapropriate!).

Creepy Man: Well, that's not what I asked. I asked if she was married. I am not seeing anyone.

So my reaction to this was to get my cousin Robbie to act like my boyfriend. We sat on the same chair, he put his arm around me, I put my head on his shoulder and we called each other honey and dear.

But he never stopped staring at me.

So my dad is at the moment buying him a bus ticket to Calgary.

2 comments:

Caleb said...

My goodness you really do have some interesting and disturbing stories. You must be starting to glow in this weird way that only creepy people see.

Anonymous said...

Alas that only one of our cousins were there, as I had no cousin to pretend to be my boyfriend. After his attention left Jen, he started hitting on me.
Also that bus trip had a stop in Red Deer. He may have gotten off there...