Wednesday, January 3, 2007

A different variation to the same old theme...

So. You know all the creepy old man stories I told all last summer?

Enter a new, more pleasent variety.

So over the summer I met Bill, a manager from Cold Lake. Well, after the manager in Westmount finally got fired in September, Bill moved to Edmonton and took over his job. I like dropping into the store every so often, and we talk and stuff, and when I worked there for a day, he got my number, and I got the vibes that he knew I was a girl (doesn't happen often, but I usually pick up on it when it does).

So I popped in there for a few moments today, and then walked home, and after I'd been home for a while, I got a text that asked if I liked IMAX movies.

So I phoned and left a voice mail that said that yes I did. (Can't make it too easy!)

So he texted back and invited me to see the whales.

So I am planning on going out and having fun. A nice fun, friendly date sounds like it would be... pleasent and relaxing.

And Bill already got a few points by not repeating the mistakes that others have previously made. He made an effort to try to get to know me. He actually invited me to something I'd like instead of the bar. And this is only just a date, not walking into the whole quagmire of the relationship blah blah gossip blah blah thing as if it was someone from camp.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Excitingness!! Have fun Jen. You better dish when it's over.