Monday, June 20, 2005

Book Tag

I have been tagged to write about books, then, I get to pass it on.

Last Book I Bought: Authentic Beauty, be Leslie Ludy. I recommend it to any girl out there. It is currently out on loan to Amanda, because it is such an awesome book that it is impossible to NOT share it.

Last Book I Read: Oohh.... What was the title?? I forget. It was an awesome book anyway, and you should all read it, except I can't remember what it is to tell you. I read through them too fast, that I have no idea as to the title.
Oops, that was the 2nd last book I read. The last one was Stardust of Yesterday, a ditzy romance that I read in an hour and a half about this chick who falls for a 700 yr old ghost, then she breaks the curse, and he is a man again.
The last nonfiction book I read was Dr Phil's Family First, for studying purposes. (I'm trying to get into the habit of studying again.)(Who am I trying to kid. It's not again).

Book I Am Currently Reading: The Dark Moon Rises, by Denise Williamson. It is set in the pre Civil War South (1830s) and is very blunt about slavery. I've yet to finish it, so I can't tell how good it is.

Next Book I Plan To Read: I actually have three waiting for me at home. When Stars Begin To Fall (sequel to the one I'm reading), The Five Love Languages, and The Purpose Driven Life.

Five Books That Mean A Lot To Me: (Oh, this is hard.)
1. The Bible. To try to describe it would ruin it, so I'll leave it at that.
2. Authentic Beauty by Leslie Ludy. This book really changed how I view purity and relationships. I really recommend it to any woman out there.
3. The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon. (Yes, I know I am cheating.) Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager, Drums of Autumn, Fiery Cross..... These are awesome books, impossible to fit into only one catigory, lots of odd little historical facts mixed in, very real characters, and they continue the story pas the happily ever after. Plus, they totally have re-readability value.
4. Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Wyss. An odd choice I know, but it is an old favorite of mine, despite of, or more likely, because of, how impossible it is.
5. The O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson. It's interesting how devoted these characters are to their own created family, and how they all become saved and fall in love. Plus, they all have exciting careers, and each one has an well written mystery. All round good books.

And now I get to tag people! I tag Meghan and Debbie. Have fun! (That took 30 min)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

me?!?! now, what would've happened if i didn't visit your site in a long time... good thing i like to check up on you ;)
alright, i'll try and do a list... this is gonna be SUPER HARD!!