Wednesday, June 1, 2005

Oops I did it again!

This post could also be entitled "That Road Is Cursed!"

For the second time in my life I have hit the ditch, and it was on the same road that I did it on the first time.

Just so those people who know local geography can picture this better, I did it right by Lyons' and Todd Smith's places.

Some of you may have heard me mention how terrible the gravel roads in our area are. So here I am, putsing along (OK, I confess. In no way was I putsing. A more appropriate adjective might be zooming along.), and I hit this HUGE crater in the middle of the road. My wheels must have twisted a bit while floundering in the bottom of this crater, for when I shot out of the crater, my car was completely out of control. I remember swinging one way, then the other, and I knew I was going in. I did hit the brakes cuz I was afraid I might kill myself at the speed I was going. I do remember praying a really fast one word prayer, then I was headed for a ditch with trees, swung the other way, and landed in the other ditch with mud and water. The car slammed to a stop, and the driver's side tires went *squelch* into the mud up to its axels.

All of that happened in about 3 or 4 seconds.

So I pocketed the keys, got out the passenger side door, and yelled at my car. (I know, that's really benificial.) I started out for the Smith's when the neighbors from by the crater came out of their yard. (They'd heard the squeal of brakes and me yelling at the car.) We spent several minutes gazing at it all (that section was oiled, so you could see rubber from all 4 of my tires) and I found out that a couple days earlier someone else had done the exact same thing as me, except they stayed on the road for another 100 meters. We all decided I was lucky I hadn't rolled it, and then they helped me contact Lyons's to pull me out.

The lesson? Prayer works. God was protecting me. And my lead foot had got to go.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh honey!
i'm just glad that you're alright
*hugs*

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Oy, the car adventures you've had, kiddo! I also send you a hug.

Anonymous said...

tsk tsk tsk, and again I say tsk. I'm the only one who's aloud to not learn from these things. and this is your second time.

Jen said...

Allowed.

Anonymous said...

so I can't spell,